Become a Foster Parent
Many puppies, kittens, dogs and cats are sitting at the city pound, uncertain of their fates. The more animals we can take in, the more lives we can save.
Fostering is an integral part of our organization. By utilizing a dedicated volunteer network and a home setting to get animals rehabilitated and ready to be re-homed, we can help animals that we would otherwise not be able to facilitate. It is through foster homes that more animals are given the chance at the life they deserve.
As a foster parent, you would be responsible for taking a homeless animal into your home and providing him/her with food, water, toys and lots of love. We provide all medical care, and a support team to help you with any questions you may have during the foster period. Foster parents may also be required to transport their foster animals to scheduled medical appointments or adoption events. In some instances the foster parent may be asked to administer medications or special diets. Foster parents should be committed to the animal(s) that they are fostering for the agreed foster period.
If you would like to become an Approved Foster Parent, complete the Foster Parent ApplicationNotice: To be considered for fostering you must:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have the knowledge and consent of all adults living with you.
- If renting have written consent from your landlord to have a pet at the address listed.
- Have verifiable identification. Be a permanent U.S. citizen.
- Understand that PAWS Humane Society has the right to deny your application for any reason